Split Lip Magazine* is a voice-driven literary journal with a pop culture twist. We publish online monthly and in print annually. We accept fiction (flash and short stories), memoir, and poetry. Please read our guidelines and submit accordingly. We appreciate you taking time to check us out and look forward to reading your work.
***WE HAVE REACHED OUR SUBMITTABLE LIMIT FOR JUNE. FREE SUBS WILL RETURN IN AUGUST. ALL SUBS WILL CLOSE IN JULY. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!***
WE ARE NOW A PAYING MARKET! As of May 2018, contributors to web issues will receive $50 (paid via PayPal). Print issue contributor payment is $5 per printed page, minimum of $20, plus 2 contributor copies and 1 year subscription.
*Split Lip Magazine is an independently-run offshoot of Split Lip Press, If you have a question about Split Lip Press, please visit their website for contact information.
Other important details:
- We're open for FREE submissions during the months of December, February, April, June, August, and October.
- We are open for TIP JAR submissions only during the months of January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- We offer an EXPEDITED submission option, which puts your submission to the top of our reading pile. You can expect a response within two weeks (usually sooner). It does not guarantee acceptance.
- Occasionally we may shut FREE subs early due to an overwhelming response (e.g., our free sub cap with Submittable maxes out). If the fees are a burden, please get in touch, and we'll see what we can do.
- Please submit in one genre only (choose your best and let us do the rest) at a time.
- Should you receive a rejection, please wait one month before submitting again.
- If you're a previous contributor, we love you, but please wait one year before submitting again.
- 100% of any submission fee goes to running the magazine (web host fees, Submittable fees) and to paying contributors.