This tipping option is more of an opportunity to support the literary community and the role Split Lip plays within it. Do, though, keep in mind that this does not guarantee publication. That said, our guidelines are below.
- Please read at least one piece from our archives to help discern if we're right for you.
- Please double or at least 1.5 your line spacing and use a serif font.
- We favor interesting, literary narratives with a modern, pop culture appeal.
- The shorter, the better though we (rarely) take up to 5,000 words.
- Fiction Editor Jon Chaiim McConnell says he wants "something unusual. If it's the language, the structure, the characters, the premise -- any or all of them, to whatever degree, I just want to be taken somewhere that I've never been before and then convinced that it's wonderful."
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted, but please contact us or withdraw if the piece is picked up elsewhere.
- In the body of the message box, please provide a short cover letter, brief bio and contact information.
Now go on and give us a shot!